Friday, August 8, 2008

1st Day of School!

Today was Patrick's first day of K4. I can't believe my baby is old enough for school!!
He was such a big boy considering he has been saying he wasn't going to go to school. Patrick actually told me he would call his teacher on the phone and talk to her but he wasn't going to school. LOL..where do kids come up with this stuff.
It was a bit of a fight to get him up, which if you know Patrick you know why...lol. We took the pics in front of the house of course and at the school. He wanted me to spend the day at school with him. And of course my husband told him I could probably stay since it was only till 11. What??? I stayed until after 8 and told him I would leave in a few minutes. He seemed okay with it. I ended up putting supplies away for his teacher and about 9 he told me to leave! I couldn't believe it, my baby didn't need me there...boo hoo!!
He didn't cry at all. I was shocked that none of the kids in his class cried. Can you believe it out of 15 noone cried. Thats not to say that most of us moms weren't crying.
I stalked around outside of the class for awhile and now I am home trying to be patient until 11. But I don't know if that will happen.
It is strange all the emotions you can go through on such a big day for your little one. I am so excited for him to be onto this next step in life and I also want to hold him close and keep him home with me. I can't protect him from everything now that he is away from me. And I am not use to giving that up.
Here are a couple of pics from today. I am off now. I think I will go to the school now!


No comments:

Post a Comment