Monday, November 9, 2009

Making Handmade Cards

I was so honored and excited to be asked by Jo to be a Guest Designer for Making Handmade Cards!
I got to work with the upcoming "Happy Flowers" kit back in October! It was a little more challenge than I would have thought to use just the ekit and basic supplies. I didn't realize how often I reach for buttons, pins, dewdrops etc until trying to not use them...lol. Of course once you purchase the ekits you can use what ever goodies you would like with them!

This ekit is chocked full of beautiful images, background papers and greetings. There are so many combinations that you have an endless supply of choices!

I made 5 cards with this kit and I see me reaching for this one again and again!


I made this one really simple and the only thing I used cardstock, twine, popdots and a sharpie from my stash.


I used a sketch from a challenge blog somewhere but I am sorry to say that now I can't remember where. If you know please let me know and I will give credit where credit is due! I added cardstock, stickles, ink and raindrops from my stash. For the seniment I printed out the supplied sents on regular printer paper and then traced over the sentiment with a sharp pencil so that I got a little bit of an indention in the paper and then traced over it with a sharpie.
I hand cut the vase from a sheet of backing paper and simpley cut out the flowers from one of the sheets in the ekit. I used popdots on a few of the flowers for some added depth. I used cardstock, twine and a sharpie from my stash.

I cut out various flowers and used popdots behind some of them and then added stickles to the centers. I used ink, ribbon and stickles from my stash.
I really like the sunny yellow with this card! This one was fast and simple really. The 4 flowers are printed on the backing paper already. I simply printed it out twice and cut out the flowers so that I could pop them up. The sun is actually a flower from another sheet. I added stickles to various elements.

This is just a little sampling of the "happy flowers" ekit from Making Handmade Cards. If you would like to know how you could get one be sure to check HERE! Also sign up for the newsletter and you will get a free ekit!







No comments:

Post a Comment