Saturday, February 20, 2010

I am a little late getting my post up for today. I guess it is better late than never, right?? I had to run to Walmart this morning to get a few things including ink for my printer.

Before I get onto my layout and card for the new challenges at Scrap and Stamp & Stamp, Scrap and Doodle I wanted to share the little cookies on a stick we made for Patrick's class for Valentine's. Well actually these are some we made for friends and family, the ones for the class had red m&ms for the nose. I ran out and decided to just go with what we had for the others. They turned out super cute and are not as large as the others we have made in the past! Everyone loved them and they we pretty simple to make...Really!! I tied them up in a little baggie.

It is time for a new challenge at Scrap and Stamp! Be sure to stop by to see what the rest of the design team came up with! It will be worth the trip!!! This week we have a wonderful sponsor who offered us a beautiful digital kit to play with. So the challenge is to use something digi on your traditional layout. Don't forget the stamp, it can be digi or traditional. One of the things we decided to do for the new year is tutorials. So we will be offering at least one a month and today is the day for our very first one! Lacey has written up a wonderful tutorial on using digi elements on traditional pages...just in time for you to play along with us! So please go and check it out and let us know what you think!

For my page I printed out some of the papers, flowers, and ribbon from the Pasionately Paisley kit (Stamping Dragon Designs), I also used a digi stamp (Penny) from Stamping Dragon Designs. After I added everything except for the alphas, stamp and picture I spritzed the entire thing with pink glimmer mist. I love glimmer mist!!! I added some stickles to the flower centers and Penny's tummy, bow and wings.

supplies: Bazzill cs, Stamping Dragon Designs papers, flowers and ribbon (Passionately Paisley digi kit) and digital image, Tattered Angels glimmer mist, Three Bugs in a Rug alpha stickers, prizma colored pencils, stickles, sharpie

And at Stamp, Scrap and Doodle this week we have a "charming" challenge. Be sure to go and check out what the design team did. I have had this charm in my stash forever it is from the sewing department. I added stickles to the wings and shoes.
supplies: GCD pattern paper, Paperbilities cs, Prima flower, Ellaphantastic Cards and Crafts digi stamp, Blummenthal charm, Studio G stamp, ribbon, sharpie, prizma colored pencils, chalks chalk ink, stickles
I hope you will play along with both challenges. You have until Friday night at 11pm EST for both!


1 comment:

  1. OMG, those cookies are awesome!!!!! and I totally love your card. I love the design and the papers you used. It rocks.

    ReplyDelete