Saturday, July 11, 2009

kits 2 remember and others

For this weeks kits 2 remember project I used a piece 6x12 acrylic to make a sign. I used the Cricut (Zooballoo, George and Plantin Schoolbook) and Design Studio to get them all the size I wanted. I have them in a cut file if anyone wants them. I used a fiskars punch to get the extra hearts for the smoke.

supplies: kits 2 remember acrylic, DCWV and Bazzill cardstock, Fancy Pants, Bo Bunny, Bella Blvd, Basic Grey pattern paper (and an unknown for the roof), Cricut, Making Memories glaze, Pebbles Inc paint, The Robins Nest skittles, sharpie, distress ink

After inking everything and attaching them to the front. I flipped it over and worked on the back. I painted it with Making Memories Glaze (Sky) making sure to not paint the windows. After it was dry I used a fine tip sharpie to draw in the curtains and polka dots on them. And then painted in the curtains with Peebles Inc paint. I love the depth it adds and they look like they are on the inside. I added a skittle for the doorknob.



Be sure to check out the krew blog for more ideas on using acrylic and metal. I am using this for the challenge at A Spoonful of Sugar as well, to use hearts.
I have to say I love the sketch for this card and I see me using it again and again it is from The Fresh Batch. I also used the challenge from The Pink Elephant to use stars and strips ( I used strips of twine) and the one from Nutshells to make a boy card with blue and green.
supplies: My Minds Eye and Rouge de Garance pattern papers, stazon ink, K&Co stamp, twine, popdots, sharpie
I love this digi stamp by Charmed Cards and Crafts she is the try before you buy one. I have others but I love her. I used a sketch by 3 Clovers.
supplies: Bazzill cardstock, Junkitz pattern papers, Charmed Cards and Crafts digi image, Thats Jazzy Stamp Dream stamp, Prima flowers, Making Memories Peebles Inc chalk, Around the Block colored pencils,hybrid ink, skittles, stazon ink
The above card is my entry into the Charmed Cards and Crafts drawing for this package of Copics!! Aren't they awesome. I am so wanting some Copics but they are not in the budget for me right now. So I really would like to win these. Head over to Charmed Cards and Crafts to see what you have to do to get in the action. Or not because I really want to win...lol
I have really been using up the scraps lately. All of these projects came completely from my scrap box! I love when that happens.

4 comments:

  1. oooooooooooooh I would like to win those too. Yummy pens.
    great stars and stripes card - love it.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great creations! I am so glad you joined the 3CTC this week...I have had a great time browsing your blog...so much to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great boy card!!! Thanks for creating with us at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards! The one that you've shared for our challenge at TPE is stunning!! Thanks for playing along :)

    Hugs
    Carol x
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete