Sunday, July 19, 2009

kits 2 remember atc album

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and getting alot of scrappy projects done to get in on the kits 2 remember kontest! If you haven't heard about it yet be sure to check here for all the details.

For my project this week I used 5 pieces of ATC acrylic, white stazon ink, a scrap of My Minds Eye papers, ribbons, skittles, paint, Bazzill, Maya Road and Scenic Route chipboard. I wanted a small album that I could attach to my purse or bag with photos of my guys.

I kept the front simple with a piece of ribbon wrapped around and tied and 3 skittles in the corner with ink on the edges of the panel.
Then I added the pattern papers, chipboard heart and my title on the 2nd page. I painted all of my chipboard elements orange since there was a touch of orange in nearly all of the photos plus the paper. I inked and doodled the edges of the paper and the chipboard and added a title on a strip of paper.
I kept the rest of the pages very simple with a photo, inked edges and a drawn frame around the photos. I added 3 skittles or either a heart with ribbon behind it to each page. For the very last page I just inked the edges that way I don't have to worry about messing up the album.


Now I have pictures at the ready and I don't have to dig around to find them. I didn't realize I have had so much orange in my life until I started going back through pictures. It seems to be a favorite color for me to buy my son..lol.
I hope you get a little time to play with your k2r goodness this week and to participate in the kontest!





2 comments:

  1. A lovely little album reginba, great embellishments and love the piccies
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Reg - I started reading your post and clicked the link to the kits 2 remember site and that was about three hours ago LOL I just made my way back here to actually post a comment. I'm thinking that high speed is going to be the death of me. LOL I love this 'loves' book. I'm really getting in to making books lately and love what you did with this one and the subject matter is totally AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete