Thursday, September 3, 2009

back to school name tag

First off I would like to say I am sorry that I was MIA last week and most of this one. My guys had the flu so I had no time at all to scrap.

I know alot of you are just now getting back to school. We have been going strong for three weeks now. So I thought I would share the little backpack name tag I made for Patrick this year. I used a piece of kits2remember atc size chipboard, acrlic and metal would work great for this too.
Patrick loves dinosaurs expecially the t-rex so I used one of his stamps for this project. I covered the chipboard with some Basic Grey papers and added a handcut tree. I inked the edges and added his name. It only took about 5 minutes to complete...seriously.

My little guy carried a picture of us in his pocket everyday last year, since he could have a bookbag this year I decided to add one to the back of the name tag. I used an o-ring to hang it from the bag.
(I don't know why the photo flipped back on its side but I couldn't get it to load correctly on blogger for some reason)
Now with a personalized name tag I know he will always grab his bag and not another classmates. It is an easy way to let their personality show and it could be so fun to bling up one for a little girl.

I will have a larger project next week for you. I have a couple in the works right now and as long as everyone stays well they will be done soon.



1 comment: