Sunday, September 27, 2009

Kits 2 Remember tool caddy!

Hey there everyone! Today I finally get to share a little project that I finished up this week for kits2remember. Sorry for the bad photos but my husband had my camera at work all week and of course now that I have it back it has been raining. I should have taken the pics yesterday when I took the ones of my project from yesterday. I have the hardest time photographing acrylic inside!

I have several small glasses and vases on my desk that are crammed full of my tools and such. So I wanted one container that is large enough to hold all or at least most of the essentials. Plus I wanted one that wouldn't get lost on my desk...lol.

I kept it really simple because I am one of those scrappers that forgets where I put stuff if I can't see it. I used five 6x6 acrylic pieces, of course any size would work depending on what you are wanting your end project to be. I used my crop-a-dile to punch the holes along one edge and then I used that edge as a template for the other sides. After punching all the holes I used k2r flourish stamp 1-10 on the 4 side panels. I only stamped twice on each panel with stazon ink. But I switched up the corners so when you are looking at one side it looks as if each corner is done (at least when it is empty).
I used my Cricut (Accent Essentials cart) to cut the label shape (at 3.5 inches) from the pattern paper I used on the sides. I added thickers on the front side. I also chose 3 pictures that I love of Patrick and cut them with my Cricut (at 3.25 inches) as well in the same shape and added to 3 sides. I love being able to cut my pictures with the Cricut because I can't cut a straight line for nothing...well a curve either for that matter! I added a little bit of black ink to the edges of the mats and that was it!
I kept everything flat so that all the things that get piled on my desk doesn't rip anything off or get messed up itself.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! If you haven't stopped by the k2r krew blog lately you should take a few minutes to visit! The girls are always full of inspiration for uses for acrylic, metal and chipboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment