Great cards!!! Thank you for supporting our troops with your talent!
May 24, 2009 4:59 PM
Congrats! I will send you a message for your info!
Welcome to the Cards For Heroes Blog hop! This is an amazing site that sends handmade cards to our soldiers. Both blank ones for them to send home to loved ones and also ones with notes of encouragement to our soldiers.
If you haven't checked out their site, please do it is a wonderful cause. I have particpated for the Christmas drive and will continue to do so. I have recently gotten another box together of general cards. They happily accept any amount of cards. I hope you will take time to dig through your box of cards and send some in you can get all the details here.
For the blog hop I have created 2 cards. The one on the left is a blank card for a soldier to send home. The one on the right I will write a little note in to send to a soldier. My 5 year old has also made a card to send.
Supply list-(left card) We R Memory Keepers and Pink Paislee papers, BoBunny chipboard, Thats Jazzy Stamp Dream stamp, flowers, sharpie, twine. (right card) Inquie Boutique papers, Fiskars threading water punch, Dustin Pike digi stamp, buttons, twine, markers, colored pencils
Now on to the details of the blog hop.
1. You're a "hopper" if you're planning on viewing all or part of the blogs—and we highly recommend setting aside some time for it!
2. On Saturday, noon Pacific time, a giant button will appear at Cards for Heroes—linking to the first blog, and that blog will link to the next...and so on!
3. Hop from one blog to the next, and leave a comment when you feel inspired by the card, the patriotism, or anything at all! Prizes will be awarded to someone randomly from comments left, so you'll want to get yourself entered lots!
4. Some blogs will have their own prizes (sometimes called RAKs) for those who comment on that post—keep your eyes peeled for those!
5. If you get lost—if one blogger misposts a link or something happens—go back to Cards for Heroes. They will have all the blogs listed with links so you can pick right up where you left off!
6. We'll have a special treat for those who last through all the blogs!
I will be giving away a little RAK of my own as well. There will be some papers, stamps and who knows what else. I will randomly draw a winner on Tuesday! I will add a photo later on this weekend. I hope you have fun 'hopping' around.
edited...While checking out the blogs on the hop I saw where someone was going to make a card for every comment posted on her blog...I love that idea and I will be doing the same thing. So comment away everyone!