Saturday, April 24, 2010

Scrap and Stamp & Stamp, Scrap and Doodle challenges

Its time for a new challenge at Stamp, Scrap and Doodle! This week we want to see something girlie!

I did a layout of a friends little girl. I don't get to do to many girlie pages with all the boys in my life...lol! So when I do get some pics of the few little girls I know I go nuts..lol.

We hope you will play along with us because one lucky winner will win a full sheet of rubber stamps from Sweet Pea Stamps. Be sure to stop by the SSDS blog to see the prize and all of the wonderful cards and more that my DT came up with! They are so talented!

Of course it is time for another challenge at Scrap and Stamp too! This week we also have a fabulous tutorial to go along with our challenge from the talented Pamela! We want to see debossing with at least one stamp! Have you done it before? Have you never heard of it? Well head to the blog and learn all about it and play along!
I have to be honest I didn't really know what it was, but it was so much fun to do! It was easy too and I love the effect! It is something I will be doing again! We would love for you to play along one winner will get a 12x12 paper pack from GCD. Go to the SSS blog to see the prize and what the rest of the fab dt has done! They rock!!

I wanted to do a page about our new kitty, Sophie. I love this pic of her and Patrick so I was trying to do a page that wasn't over the top girlie! I have to say that it isn't quite what I was going for and I am still not totally sure about it..lol I do love all the different dots though!

Here is a little closeup of the debossing. I used an old diecut tag that I was never going to use the way it was. I embossed the entire tag with yellow and then used a Heidi Swapp stamp to do the debossing. A little tidbit of info....if your stamps are stained by ink it may come off on in your embossing powder, it did with me the first time. It took several more layers to cover up the ink but I think that may be due to the light color of the powder. I had planned to deboss Sophie's name but it didn't look quite right, so I stuck with just the crown. I also stamped 2 crowns and added to the page as well.

I hid my journaling behind the pic on a journaling tag.
supplies: GCD Studios pp and diecuts, Prima flowers, Heidi Swapp stamps, Making Memories pin, Doodlebug Designs alphas, Catseye ink, ribbon, buttons, embroidery floss, an old Fancy Pants tag, embossing powder


This one works for the embossing challenge at Kaboodles!

4 comments:

  1. Regina, these are both fantastic layouts!! Great job with the debossing tutorial. I have found a great stamp cleaner that really gets it clean. I use staz-on when I use ink (normally I emboss my images so I only have versamark on them), but If I need to stamp, I used staz-on which is hard to get off. This cleaner is kind of oily, so I use it with my regular cleaner, too. http://www.papertreyink.com/acc_ultrastampcleaner.html
    And here is a link to a video on the cleaner...
    http://prairiepaperandink.typepad.com/amyr/2009/08/how-i-clean-my-stamps-video.html
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute Regina!!! You had some great models for your layouts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely LO! Cute kitty! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodledoodles this week. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layouts are lovely, so pretty. Thanks for playing at Kaboodles. x

    ReplyDelete