Thursday, April 22, 2010

Today is Earth Day! Patrick came home from school all excited because they have really been talking up what the kids can do to reduce our impact on our planet.
We do quite a bit to try and reduce, now he is ready to implement more..lol. He reminds me of me when I was younger. I never thought my parents did enough for the enviroment..lol.

In honor of Earth Day I used this adorable Dustin Pike freebie to make a card. You can find the post about it HERE if you want it. I kept it very simple with shades of greens and blues, all from my scrap bin!

supplies: unknown cs, Doodlebug pp, Dustin Pike digi image, ribbon, colored pencils

I had this Duncan with Boy image from Sew Many Cards already colored and laying on my desk. He was just screaming at me to use him..lol. My little nephew has a birthday coming up so I figured it was as good a reason as any. Plus he loves orange and always has a little stuffed duck with him, so it was just meant to be! I must have been thinking of him when I colored him to begin with..lol.
supplies: Three Bugs in a Rug pp, unknown cs, Sew Many Cards digi image, acrylic stamp from a rak

A little close up of Duncan with Boy... I popped him up.
It works for these challenges...
Simon Says-things with wings (hopefully Duncan works since he does have wings)
One Stop Craft-things with wings





2 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!! Love what you did with Owen and Duncan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The certainly are a couple of cute characters!
    Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at OSCC this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete