Wednesday, January 21, 2009

krew kit #10

I had alot of fun working with this krew kit. I am so not a pink person but I love this Basic Grey LilyKate line. As soon as I opened to box Patrick wanted me to make something for his little "girlfriend" Lily. That worked for me because I wanted to do something nonbaby.


I used a 6x6 acrylic and metal panel for this wall hanging. I cut the letters from the glitter cardstock with my cricut. And simply added flowers. I sprayed the tulle with green glimmer mist, I love the little bit of shimmer and color that it gives.
Instead of tying knots in the ribbon to hang it by I sewed it together to give it a more finished look.







I don't know why this photo keeps turning sideways...sorry about that.
On the metal panel I just covered it with pattern paper and attached the larger flowers and put the smaller flowers on magnets. That way the photos can be changed out.
The brads, heidi swapp flowers, paint and eyelets are not from the kit.
Also, all of the flowers (except for the ones on the magnets) are fastened through the acrylic and metal so you don't have to worry about them falling off. I used my crop-a-dile to punch the holes. It works like a charm even on the metal.




I also made a 6x6 frame for my SIL. Again I used my cricut for the title. And added ink and brads from my stash. I love the heidi swapp bling that came in the kit and that leaf ribbon is awesome.
This kit came with a 5 panel 6x6 Clear Scraps album, Basic Grey Lily Kate line, 2 pieces of DCWV glitter cardstock and alphas, 2 pieces of 6x6 chipboard, 6x6 metal panel, metal embelly, 2 packages of Imaginise flowers, heidi swapp bling, and more than 8 yards of ribbon and tulle. There is alot in this kit and it is only $25.
Be sure to head over to the kits2remember store to grab one up. Jessica is having some great deals on certain items too. So be sure to check out the sale section while you are there.


No comments:

Post a Comment