Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Metal art display board

This was a fun little project to make. If you are like me your little one draws lots of pictures and wants them all on the fridge. Patrick is steadily drawing more and I am out of room..lol. So I came up with this little metal display board and he is proud to have his art work so prominently displayed.
I used a 8x12 metal panel from kits2remember, Doodlebug sugared cardstock, KI Memories paper, Making Memories alpha stickers, Reminisce school stickers, thickers and some old coaster alphas from Imagination Project. The paper kit came from a theme pack at Paper Popsicles.

It came together really fast. I traced Patrick's hand for a template. And painted the coaster alphas with MM paint and glaze.

I used some foam tape behind the hand prints, glue and crayons.




I just used a bull clip to hang it with, it is holding nicely.


And I added magnets to the backs of 2 bull clips to hold the art work. That way they can be moved for larger or smaller projects. I also punched 2 holes in the metal panel with the crop a dile (very easy to do) and added brads to loop the bull clip over for heavier projects. I think the magnets alone would work great on the larger bull clips but these are so small I couldn't use a very large magnet.

So what do you think of this? I know it will get alot of use around our house.




Check out Rodger Rooster and Patrick. This is the granddad of one of the little girls in Patrick's class. He came to read a farm book to the kids and dressed up as a rooster and brought them all a packet of seeds too. The kids got a big kick out of this. And we have nominated him for the class reader since noone else will ever live up to this..lol. I got picks of him with the whole class and each child. We are planning a project with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment