Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I realized that I forgot to post the teacher gift we made for Patrick's teacher this year. Check the kits 2 remember krew blog for more ideas.

This is Patrick's first year and I don't know that any other teacher will ever live up to Miss Michelle. I tend to help out alot in her class so I have tons of photos of all the chicklets.

My plan was to make a 6x6 album with those photos. I started out with 4 pieces of k2r acrylic and 3 pieces of chipboard. I altered the pages starting and ending with acrylic. I kept the covers very simple. I added a strip of paper on the inside of the front cover and added a frame that I cut with my cricut to the cover. I simply added the class and year to it. I did a little bit of doodling through out.

I wanted to keep it bright and cheary so I used these fun Paper Trunk papers (plus her fav color is orange...hehehe). I kept the basic layout the same through out. I wanted some of the acrylic to show on the inside pages so I used a border punch on cardstock and then added pattern paper to the center. It is the perfect size for a 4x6 photo. I added bling to the scallop borders on both sides.

I haven't added the pictures yet because I wasn't sure how all the parents would feel about them being on the web. The plan is to add a multiple pictures to some of the pages but we will see. I will probably add a few buttons as well. I want to keep it simple since I am added so many pictures. I let the kids sign the last page with a simple message of "we love you" in the center. I also added some faux hinges to the sides, which is just grungeboard with a light amount of distress ink to add a rustic feel to them.




































You would know that I forgot to take a picture of it with the photos in it. I also made a 5x7 card with a 4x6 photo of Patrick and her together. It turned out great and he drew a photo on the inside for her. Of course I forgot to take a photo of that as well...duh

5 comments:

  1. This is a darling book!! I am sure she loved it - and I have soooo forgotten to do the same thing, LOL! Maybe she will bring it in and let you take a quick pic, heehee! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regina your craetions are `gorgeous `
    What a beautiful gift TFS
    Havea lovely Wednesday :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regina that is AWESOME! What a wonderful gift for your son's teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just way too sweet! What a great teacher's gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. far tooo stinkn' cute . . . i wish my students' parents would think of stuff like this for me!!!

    ReplyDelete