Monday, June 15, 2009

Kits 2 Remember Father's Day album

I wanted to make a small album with photos of Nick and Patrick together that he could easily keep in the console of his truck if he wanted to. I like to get Patrick's ideas when we are making something for his dad. While we were talking I started asking him what he loved about his dad, so that is when the idea came together. Patrick had one request, that it not have any of that stringy (ribbon) stuff on it...lol. Okay I can do that!

I started out with three 4x4 metal panels and three ATC size metal panels. I also used Thickers, alcohol inks, Colorbok stickers, Bazzill cardstock, buttons, twine and black ink. I used my Crop-a-dile to punch the holes.
I kept the entire album pretty simple. I used Cranberry alcohol ink on the edge of the 4x4 panels and also colored my o-rings with it. I love being able to custom color metal embellies. It is really simple I just put a few drops of the color I want in a bag and then squish the item around in the baggie, remove and let it dry. Voila!
On the small panels I dabbed alcohol inks all over each side. On one side I used cranberry, latte and ginger. On the other I used butterscotch, stream and lettuce.

On each of the small panels I used Thickers for the number and a sharpie and the stickers to put the reason.
I added a 3.25x3.25 photo mat to each of the large metal panels and I will let my son pick out some of his favorite photos of him and his dad together.

Added a few buttons with twine and it is all done!
Fast and easy and I am sure he will love getting it from his little man. So what are your plans for Father's Day? I would love to see what you are making!!
Be sure to check out the rest of the k2r design krew. There are always new ideas being posted on the krew blog. And if you haven't tried out the kits2remember metal yet you should, it is priced great and so fun to work with.





1 comment:

  1. Hey Regina!!! I love the album, the colors are wonderful together!!! I also love your blog! I've been missing you, guess I better stop by your blog more!!;o)

    ReplyDelete